Saturday, March 28, 2009

Can i get my permit in a different state?

Im 17 and I live in Indiana. Im on vacation in vegas for the summer and i really wanted to work on getting my permit while i was here in vegas. Is there anyway of me getting a permit here and then keeping it for the 60 days that I have to keep it, and then when i go back to Indy take my normal driving test and get my license there, or will i need to get my permit there too? Can anyone help me?
Can i get my permit in a different state?
NO - states do NOT recognize any other states LEARNERS permit. They only recognize drivers license.





But if you get your driver%26#039;s license in Vegas, you can then get it transferred to you home state and it will be full license (or just drive with Vegas license till you are ready to get it transferred).








Good Luck...
Can i get my permit in a different state?
No you can%26#039;t. And you can%26#039;t get a Nevada license either, like the other poster indicated, since you are not a resident of Nevada.


Nevada would recognize your IN permit if you had it already:





Visitors - Nevada honors out-of-state instruction permits. If the permit is valid in your home state, you can drive in Nevada with a licensed driver 21 years or older seated next to you. Nevada also honors out of state driver licenses, but you must follow Nevada%26#039;s restrictions.


http://www.dmvnv.com/nvdlteens.htm#Out

No comments:

Post a Comment