Saturday, March 28, 2009

Do police in Calgary Alberta report car accidents to car insurance companies?

Hi All - Got myself into some trouble with a fender bender. Unfortunately I rear ended someone. There was minor damage to the other driver%26#039;s bumper and I agreed to pay for the damages out of my pocket. And he agreed not to tell my insurance company. We also ended up filing a police report. I%26#039;m a little worried the police will tell my insurance company and my rates will still go up, even if I pay for the damages myself.
Do police in Calgary Alberta report car accidents to car insurance companies?
Insurance company will find out because they are plugged into the data base. They probaly will raise your rates even though your accident didn%26#039;t cost them a dime. The insurance companies could give lessons to Shylock when it comes to greed. Oh, and by the way, your points (if any) will come off your license in a couple of years. But the insurance company has a long memory and will continue to charge extra on premium.(one of the questions they probably asked when you first signed up was %26quot;Have you had any tickets in the last FIVE years%26quot;)





Also, a good resource is...





http://insurance.deal4-you.com





Best of luck to you.

1 comment:

  1. The business insurance calgary offers is that when you're driving through, you'll probably have a ton of snow or rain dumped on you, and you'll probably hit a deer and die. Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete